Long Island NY
Real Estate Agents
Finding and hiring a Real Estate Agent is a very big decision. Buying or selling a home is one of the biggest life events you will have. Selling a house can seem very complicated, which is why many people trust a real estate agent to help them.
What does a real estate agent do?
Depending on which side he is working for (the buyers or the sellers), the agent acts as an intermediary between the buyer and the seller and helps to complete the sale of a property. For his services, he is offered a commission from his client (seller, buyer or both). When working on behalf of the seller, the agent is responsible for putting the details of a property in the multiple listing services of the area and undertaking other efforts such as home staging to market the property.
Reasons To Use A Real Estate Agent When Selling A Home
1. A real estate agent is worth the commission. Once you actually consider all the things your agent will do for you from the time they list the home to the time it sells, the commission paid to that agent is usually money well spent. Often times an agent will be able to help you get your home sold much faster and for more money than you could have on your own.
2. Agents understand the current housing market. Choose an agent that lives in your area. This agent will understand the neighborhood, home values, benefits of the area, and the local competition.
3. Agents know how to sell your home. This is their job, and just like any other job if they don’t do a good job they get fired. A real estate agent is a professional and should know what they are doing. It is often a good idea to get an agents track record prior to letting them sell your home. Selling any home takes experience, dedication and knowledge in this market. Their job is to attract buyers and sell the home.
4. Agents know what will make houses sell. Your agent will be able to give you advice on what could be done to the home to get it sold quicker. Anything from staging the home to making minor repairs or upgrades.
5. Agents will put your home on the MLS. A real estate agent has access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). This tool is only available to real estate agents and allows them to get your home in front of thousands of other agents and buyers.
6. Agents know how to market your home. Your agent will know what to do to market your home for sale, whether that is an open house, internet exposure, flyers, caravans, etc.
7. Agents represent you to the end. Your agent will represent you from the time the home is listed to the time is closes escrow. An agent’s job is to make sure your interests are protected in the sale of the home and every thing negotiated in the contract is fulfilled. If a problem arises at or after closing your agent is there to help resolve any issues.